Ø 5 Onions sliced
Ø 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
Ø Pork fat (cut into small cubes)
Ø 2 cups of white wine with ¼ cup of salt (dissolved)
Ø 9 lb beef round eye roast
Ø 5 onions
Ø 5 cloves garlic
Ø ¼ cub salt
Ø 2 cups white wine
Ø Pork fat small strip (1 lb)
Ø Bay leaves (6-8 leaves)
Ø Whole cloves (8-12)
Ø Pork or lamb bone with marrow 1 large or several small enough
to cover bottom cut leaving 1 inch of meat around bone
Ø Butter (2 bars)
1. Baste dish with butter
2. Add sliced onions to bottom and all around dish
3. On bottom over the onions add bone marrow. (Pork or Lamb)
4. Add chopped garlic, bay leaves, whole cloves, pork fat cubes.
5. Add a layer of the roast meat
6. Add onions again lightly
7. Repeat steps 4 and 5
8. Add onions sliced butter and pour the wine and salt mixture over it.
9. Place in oven at 400 degrees ¾ covered until boiling (around 2 Hrs)
10. Lower to 350 and cook 4-5 Hours (ovens vary) once meat is tender it’s done.
Ø Can always add wine while roasting just make sure wine is warmed up.
You can Click on the link below for a quick video on putting this recipe together Enjoy!!!
Click Here >>>>>>>> ALCATRA / PORTUGUESE RUMP ROAST